I’m the guy who asked to join your organization. I’m the guy who paid his dues to join. I’m the guy who stood up in front of you and promised to be faithful and loyal. I’m the guy who came to your meetings and no one paid attention to. I tried several times to be friends, but they all had their own buddies to talk to and sit next to. I sat down several times, but no one paid any attention to me. I hoped very much that someone would have asked me to take part in a fund raising project or something, but no one saw my efforts when I volunteered. I missed a few meetings after joining because I was sick and couldn’t be there. No one asked me at the next meeting where I had been. I guess it didn’t matter very much to others whether I was there or not. The next meeting, I decided to stay home and watch TV. The following meeting, I attended, but no one asked me where I was for the last meeting. You might say I’m a good guy or a “good family man” who holds a responsible job and loves his community and country. You know who else I am? THE GUY WHO NEVER CAME BACK. It amuses me how the heads of organizations and the members discuss WHY the organization is loosing members. It amuses me to think that they spend so much time looking for NEW members when I was there all the time. All they need to do was make me feel needed, wanted, and WELCOME! Please welcome all new members so they do not become….THAT GUY
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS
Win a Gift Card
JD Firearms (Warren)
Gift card value
Saturday, May 14, 2016 9:30 pm
Tickets: $10 each or 3 for $25
For tickets call:
Lou Drouhard 330-389-2856
Dave Bender 330-388-9305
Greg Leopold 330-719-1500
Knight of Columbus Assembly 834
Activities and Veterans Programs
If you are a Catholic male over the age of 18 (or know of one) and not in the Knights of Columbus, I hope the 5 reasons below will encourage you to join this great fraternal organization of the Catholic Church that is founded on the principles of Charity, Unity, Fraternity, and Patriotism.
1. The Heartbeat of the Knights of the Columbus is Service. The Knights are one the largest charitable organizations in the world. Through a variety of fundraisers throughout the year, the Knights raise financial support for many charities, including the Special Olympics and the Global Wheelchair Mission. The service aspect of the Knights encompasses the Church, Community, Council, Family, Pro-Life, and Youth.
2. The Knights of Columbus Supports the Catholic Church because the order is composed of a fraternity of 1.8 million Catholic Men. From the founding of the Knights of Columbus by Venerable Michael J. McGivney, the Knights have been a foundation of support for the Catholic Church. In recent years, the Knights of Columbus have performed a variety of projects for the Universal Church as well as worked with Bishops of the particular churches here in the United States and in countries where the Knights currently reside.
3. The Knights of Columbus are Pro-Family. Since the traditional family is composed of the husband, wife, and children, the Knights see them as the core, foundation, and fabric for all of society. Although the council meetings are for the members, many councils sponsor activities with the family in mind. It’s a great time to gather together as Catholic Christians and members of the Mystical Body of Christ. Realizing that the youth are an integral part of society, the Knights seek to foster the development of the child from adolescence to adulthood. Asking for the intercession of the Holy Family is at the center of prayer for the Knights when it comes to family life.
4. The Knights of Columbus are strongly and devoutly Pro-Life. Following the teachings of the Catholic Church, they believe that Life begins at conception and ends in natural death. While the Knights are in involved in a plethora of activities locally that foster the Pro-Life movement, they are also major supporters of the March for Life in Washington, D.C., the National Prayer for Life Campaign, the Ultrasound Initiative, and the Culture of Life Fund.
5. The Knights of Columbus are Faithful to the Catholic Church by being obedient to the teachings of the Church, its Bishops and Priests, and showing fidelity to the See of Peter. As faithful Catholics, the Knights foster and develop Vocations to the Priesthood, Religious Life, and Holy Matrimony. Standing with the Catholic Church, the Knights of Columbus also fight for Religious Liberty, which is being threatened here in the United States, but across the globe still to this day.
For more information on the Knights of Columbus and the work we do, please check out the K of C website. If you have the social media sites of Facebook and Twitter, please “Like” or “Follow” the K of C presence there as well.
Evangelization. Catechesis. JP2 Generation.
THANKS TOM…..SK Greg Leopold
OHIO DISTRICT ONE OPERATION PATRIOTISM Cleveland Indians Baseball Game Sunday September 20, 2015 1:10 PM game Vs. Chicago White Sox Ticket Cost: $24 (Includes meal money) Tickets must be ordered by August 20th Schedule: 9:00 AM Arrival 10:00AM Mass on the Field (weather permitting) THIS IS A FAMILY EVENT this is not a turnout. We will be with Veterans from the Louis Stokes VA Medical Center to enjoy a victory of our beloved Indians. Veterans, you are also invited. This is for you too. Knights, this is for you also. We need to know who and how many in your party are planning to attend. Contact with any questions and to order tickets: David Bowling, Jr.: (216) 299-2057 Brian Shollenberger: firstname.lastname@example.org 440-461-0445 Norm Klein: email@example.com 440-473-0572 This event is open to all Knights, not just the Fourth Degree. Please invite potential Fourth Degree candidates, and even your friends you are trying to get to join your Council.
Worthy Grand Knight and Brother Knights All,
Today, a shocking video was released that cannot be ignored. If anyone had any doubts as to the diabolical nature of Planned Parenthood, here is proof positive. Not only has PP murdered tens of millions of unborn babies-and made billions off them since the early ’70s-but now we have video proof that they have been profiteering off body parts of the innocents. They’ve been getting a two-fer! Name your part! Name your stage of development! How many would you like? Get your body parts here!
All funding to Planned Parenthood must be cut off immediately, and this evil organization must be shut down for good. And their leaders must be prosecuted since trafficking in human body parts is a felony.
It is critically important that you immediately contact your state and U.S. representatives and implore them to:
1) Open a federal investigation of the organization, and if such trafficking is ultimately confirmed, initiate the filing of federal criminal charges against Planned Parenthood’s leadership-national and state.
2) Immediately suspend all funding for Planned Parenthood during the investigation.
To quickly find your state and local representatives, just type in your zip code at OpenCongress.org via this link:www.opencongress.org/people/zipcodelookup. Please share this message with all pro-lifers. Thank you!
State Culture of Life Director
Ohio State Council, Knights of Columbus